Celtic Tri – Our Vision, Values and Mission Statement
The club’s vision and mission statement, together with our statement of core values, guides our management committee in all our decision-making.
To promote the development and participation in the sport of triathlon through a fully inclusive and supportive club structure focusing on coached sessions for juniors and seniors of all abilities by Qualified British Triathlon coaches within Swansea, Neath, Port Talbot and the wider community. This will be underpinned by our values and vision as outlined below.
- We welcome athletes of all abilities and pride ourselves on our family friendly approach;
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon, Paratriathlon, and any other related sport at all levels, from Juniors through to Seniors including people with disabilities;
- To promote the club, through organised events, within the local community and to work with schools, communities and businesses;
- To work with groups of a similar nature and exchange information, advice and knowledge with them, including cooperation with other voluntary bodies, charities, statutory and non- statutory organisations;
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club;
- To provide all our services in a way that is fair to everyone;
- To ensure all young people who take part in Triathlon, Duathlon, Aquathlon, Paratriathlon should be able to participate in a fun and safe environment;
- To ensure that all members receive fair and equal treatment irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, ability, religion or political views;
- To establish and maintain a structure of coaches for the development of all club members;
- Providing accessible venues for all members to attend quality coached sessions in a safe environment;
- Continue working with Disability Sport Wales towards our insport Club Ribbon Standard.
- Develop a Grassroots facility in the Swansea Bay area for the sport of Triathlon and other Multisport activities.
- Development, investment and support of talented athletes both juniors and senior age groupers who race for the club at club, regional and international level.
This vision will be achieved by working in partnerships with Local Government, Welsh Triathlon, Welsh Assembly, Sport Wales, Disability Sport Wales, local schools and other Stakeholders to develop a Grassroots facility within Swansea for use by Celtic Tri, the local community, schools and other sporting clubs in the area.
Celtic Tri Triathlon Club
19th March 2018