New morning swim sessions at Morriston Pool – Tuesday & Thursdays 6:15am – 7:15am
Cost £24 per 8-week block, to be paid up front.
Based on the recent Facebook poll we have secured a morning session at Morriston pool for club members who showed an interest in early morning coached swims.
If this 8 week trial, is successful will look to secure more lanes providing the interest is there!
We only have an initial 6 places on each day and will require payment upfront. To secure your place please use the 'Sign me up' link or contact Mark Evans who will be the lead coach on these sessions.
Please indicate your choice of day; Tuesdays being a novice/improvers session and Thursdays an intermediate session, see below some guidelines on choosing the session for you. This is on a first come first served basis.
- To attend this session, you should be able to swim at least 4 lengths (100m) without stopping.
- You may have a limited understanding of swim technique
- May lack fitness
- A swimmer who can swim between 1,000 – 1,500 metres during an hour session
- And can swim 100m off 2:30 – 3:00mins (you may not know these but you will at session 2)
- To attend this session, you should be able to swim at least 8 lengths (200m) without stopping.
- Reasonably fit
- Technique: still in need of development
- A swimmer who can swim between 1,600 – 2,200 metres during an hour session.
- And can swim 100m off 1:40 – 2:10mins (you may not know these but you will at session 2)
Advanced: (TBC - 2018)
- Swim sub 6 minutes for a 400m
Both sessions will start with a swim review to see where you are and from that we can look to see where you want to go. There will be underwater video analysis of swim stroke (Subject to permission from Morriston pool) and this can be used to help us improve your swim technique if required.
Within the Swim sessions we will embrace the Swim Smooth coaching philosophy; three keys to better freestyle swimming:
- Stroke Technique Development;
- Swim Training; and
- Open Water Skills.
So, you may be an athlete who can swim 750m but is looking to move up to middle distance races and needs to work on endurance. You may want to lose the pull buoy or learn to bilateral breath, you may even be thinking about your first triathlon and need to learn front crawl technique!
Any questions let me know
Celtic Tri - Coach